Thursday 15 August 2013

The Great Dwarven Experiment 2: WTF is a Flame Cannon?!?

Hey gang, I'm back with more Dwarf bashing goodness!

I'm not entirely sure what this is, but I think I'd pay money to watch it.

Ok no, its not cool to bash Dwarfs, they are people too.... short, fat, usually hairy people who smell bad but still people.

Following on from Part 1, I had asked for a fun random 2000pt list for Metalcon. Greg, the only person I know stupid enough to own a Dwarf army, is apparently known for some outside the box Dwarf armies and well... thats what I got! (Greg wisely didn't give me a gunline, as I'd have thrown his models at walls and him for entertainment)

So without further ado, here it is:

Daemonslayer
Rune of Flight, Rune of Cleaving, Rune of Might

RAAAR, Angry Naked Dwarf!!!! Now for those who don't know what those runes do, (ie everyone not a Dwarf player...) Rune of Flight, means I can throw his Axe at someone within 12". Might is double S (I think) vs T5 or greater, so thats one S10 hit to any monsters withing 12"! Woot! Won't they be hurting before they eat his face...

Daemonslayer
2 Runes of Cleaving, Rune of Fire

RAAAR, Second Angry Naked Dwarf!!!!This dude gets +2 S and Flaming Attacks to kill Regen monsters.
I guess the idea here is to tag team them at stuff and hopefully kill it before it kills them both?

Thane
Master Rune of Challenge, Master Rune of Swiftness

I assume this is how I get the DaemonSlayers in a position to actually charge monsters that would otherwise laugh hysterically and then fly away to kill other stuff...

Thane
BSB, Strolla'z Rune, Rune of Slowness

Strolla'z says, "Raaarr, I'm comin' at ya, bro!" Slowness says, "But don't come at me please, I'm scared!!!" Scizophrenia Dwarf coming at ya!

15 Dwarf Warriors w/ GWs
15 Dwarf Warriors w/ GWs

23 Longbeards w/ HW&S
Full Command

10 Thunderers

MSU Dwarfs ftw! Take your big ass hordes and GET OUT!!!

19 Slayers
Muso, Standard

19 Slayers
Muso, Standard

More Angry Dwarfs!!!! I'm pretty sure I have absolutely no idea what these clowns will do other than die but Hey, they'll look very Ginger while they do it, and that's all that counts, right? Alternatively I have an idea that rhymes with Ronga, noone complains about that anymore, do they?

And last but not least:
Flame Cannon

I'm pretty sure this is a typo, and its actually just a Cannon. "Flame" and the Space Bar being fairly close together on a keyboard and all... However, if this actually correct and not a typo, I'm gonna need all the combined experience of you Dwarf players to tell me how best to use it, thanks. I know you all take two to every tournament so it must be good, right? RIGHT????

Well there you have it, a whole lot of naked, low Initiative Infantry in a game that clearly favours them. I honestly expect I don't even have to show up to take the 20s. Mainly because my Opponents will concede when they see the draw, nothing to do with the list at all... This is about right, fellow Dwarf players?

Look, there's a model to commemorate what will never, ever, ever happen in a game of Warhammer...
But more seriously, I think I have a few ideas for how best to use them, and having to seriously put my brain to work was kinda the idea of using someone else's army for a day so I definitely got that!

If all else fails, there is always Alcohol...





14 comments:

  1. The Flame Cannon is 140 points of poorly polished turd.

    The Daemon Slayer was recently voted the worst character in Warhammer (and not in a broken overpowered way unfortunately). You've got two, you lucky bastard.

    Slayers aren't bad in combat but don't deal well with shooting, magic or return attacks. So pretty much everything.

    I'm not sure if I've seen Thunderers since 7th Edition. I thought they were extinct.

    The good news is that your army seems to be optimised for maximum results. The bad news it seems to be optimised for you to get downtrowed.

    I salute Greg's sense of humour, well done sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing that this follows the normal Dwarf line

      "If I can't win with them then why should you win with them"

      Tane's reply seems to back this up.

      Delete
    2. Hey Pete,

      Every book has it's runts, the undersized weaklings that never make a tournament unless someone has a masochistic fluffy streak or their mate writes their list.

      When did you last go to a tourney with a Warlord on Bonebreaker, Rat Ogres, Night Runners and Weapons Teams on the Spear-carrying Clanrat blocks? While the Grey Seer, Slaves, Abomb, Gutter Runners and Doomwheels had the weekend off?

      Delete
    3. Tane, Gregs a very funny guy...

      Of course it is Pete. If I went out there and got anything better than a draw, the entire Dwarf collective would be crying into their collective beards at the shame of never having achieved the same. :-D

      Delete
    4. Dwarves don't cry, we leave that for Elves and ratboys.

      You do well with them and we'll hail you as King of the Dwarves. There'll be a rune named after you in the next army book.

      Just have fun with them, if only so there'll be one less Dwarf-moaner in the world.

      Delete
    5. Tane,

      There's a point over here that James has found but you've clearly missed

      :-)

      Delete
    6. That's not surprising, I tend to miss a lot and it's hard to read nuance on the internet.

      Delete
  2. An army full of Gingers led by Gingers... awesome... weirdest Dwarf list Ive ever seen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding the flame cannon are you familiar with the Magma cannon in the chaos dwarf list? The two are surprisingly similar.

    They both use the flame template, they both do S5 hits with D3 wounds and cause panic tests when they kill anyone.

    THere is the minor difference that the Magma cannon can guess it's shot up to 24" away, but that's ok, check out the dwarf book and that 12" guess, 12" + artillery dice aint all that bad. Oh what, you then need to look at the FAQ which says use the fire thrower rules, hmm what do they say... Oh, zero guess plus artillery dice. Well if you're lucky you might get 1 shot off before it gets charged and killed.

    So lets change our comparisson, it's actually the same as a skaven warpfire thrower team, only it costs over double and doesn't get a 4++ from being near units. T7 and 3 wounds though, woop.

    To be honest I think you should be mightily pissed off at the person that wrote the list, no gyrocopter, the bastards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! He gave me no Gyrocopter... The Bastard clearly thinks I'd take everyones toys off with one of those!

      Delete
    2. This is a rather poor list, I don't know who Greg is, but it would be appreciated if he could give a guest post to explain why he made such a list.

      Also, just to let you know, the Mro (Master Rune of) Flight is not allowed to be used by slayer characters. So your first Daemon Slayer is illegal.

      - Adam Richards

      Delete
    3. Haha, I asked for a crazy list as I have no desire to take this tournament seriously and I love a good challenge. I did the same with a MSU Slaanesh at a tourney in the UK and had a heap of fun and got best Daemon player so I cant wait.

      Greg may have taken it to the extreme but I now honestly cant wait to throw Daemon Slayers into monsters and see what happens!

      Re the Rune of Flight, thanks its been chanfed already to MRoSmiting and RoMight. Monster smash!!!

      Delete
    4. MRoSmiting and Romight on a Daemonslayer is a good combo; it's a S8 cannon on little legs. The Daemonslayer is I5, so he goes ahead of most monsters, and might kill them before they get to attack (and turn him into a greasy stain on the table). Steer him towards their big gribblies and he should do well.

      Delete
  4. Zharli is a good name for a daemonslayer...

    ReplyDelete