Sunday 2 June 2013

A Mild Case of Hobby Schizophrenia...

Hey gang!

Why nothing ever gets done....
So its been a somewhat productive weekend for myself in between bouts of lovely Thai food and Pub visits. On Friday, I received a somewhat delayed order (owing to GW's ridiculous war on resellers) containing a couple of giant flaming birdies, one giant Robot and some fishmen. A beautiful thing indeed. Then on Saturday was the long awaited release of the new Eldar codex, so that was my Saturday morning sorted!

Firstly, I thought I'd show you the current state of my desk. I like to call it organised Chaos. Somehow it works in this state, and I'd clean it but every time I clean a workspace, I end up losing track of everything and struggling to find anything again.

Those with OCD should probably look away
If you look closely, you can see:

Forge World Keeper of Secrets
Partly constructed Riptide
12? Crisis Suits
45 Fire Warriors
20 Kroot
2 Phoenix
Mounted Archmage
One slowly being painted Dragon Lord
1 2nd Ed Metal Landspeeder
and a 2nd ed Lictor

Yes, that is a special case of Schizophrenia!!!! :-D no wonder I never get anything done...

So my main project at the moment is to finish my High Elves to a tournament level, with my Horus Heresy stuff being a slight distraction. The Tau are awaiting an upcoming airbrush purchase and will be my practice army so should be fun!

Onto the progress:

I should have been a hand model....
I started by cleaning up my 2 Phoenix as they are the priority to top up my High Elf army. Lovely kits but having to fill out the wing joints by green stuff sculpting feathers is a bit of a ball ache. The problem I'm having  at the moment is weather to build them both as Flamespyres as they will look best with my army scheme or go one of each the Frostheart are so much better in game. Think it may have to be the former, and Game results be damned! Thoughts?

Headless chicken.
I also built my Riptide over the weekend. Such a cool model!!! Hes in pieces until I magnetise and paint him, if you're wondering.
Tactical Tip: Riptides provide amazing support for Reaver hordes. 

I also put this guy together as I will be needing a mounted Mage to keep up with all the Cavalry.

Kitbashing is easy!
Hes just the Mage off the Dragon, on a Tiranoc Chariot horse that Mike King kindly sold me, but I'm pretty happy with him. His robes will be a nightmare for ranking up in units but looking good is better than being practical, right?

Now just to paint it all. One day...

No comments:

Post a Comment