Thursday 28 February 2013

Daemon time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOBS!!!

So everyone has probably already seen the rumours, and if you haven't, then I'm not gonna help you. With the release of the new Daemons, I'm really getting the itch to go back and redo my Slaanesh-ified Daemon army which I made for the last edition of Daemons, but then got pissed off with because 8th made the book utterly boring and reliant on Bloodletter spamfest BS, and all of the fun stuff just awful...



I didn't particularly want to get rid of the old girls, but the troubles of travel meant it was almost impossible for me to justify getting them sent back (seriously it cost well over $300 to have them sent over in the first place) so I sold them when I left the UK. I don't actually regret that decision too much in the end, as I cut alot of corners to get that army finished and was never a hundred percent happy with some of the units. Also as Juan Diaz Nettes are like hens teeth, and I wanna do this army pure Slaanesh, it would have gotten annoying having two completely different looking units as Daemonettes. I do miss my Princess though...

So the army will get a complete restart, bar my Forgeworld Keeper of Secrets and two Soul Grinders which never made the trip around the world, as the rugged survivors and this time I'm gonna do it properly without any corners cut to get it on the table. This will be a long term project, and I will not be placing it on a table in anger until its done so don't expect much bar the odd model anytime soon (especially since I need to finish my Elves, and paint some White Scars at the same time...). I'm now gonna do a run down of the models I'm gonna be using for each unit today.


Keeper of Secrets:



From Forgeworld, the big gal herself. Its a pity she was so "broken" in the last book that I never really got to use her much. Will her time be now?


Daemon Princess:


From Yedharo Miniatures, Virgo. A beautiful model that I wanted for the last army. They also have some other really cool Zodiac themed miniatures. Sagitarius would make a great Ghorgon/Doombull. Shes currently on my table waiting for some time to get a paint job.

Herald of Slaanesh


Both from Ragingheroes. You'll see a theme here, I love all of their models, particularly the Manticore which is awesome!

Daemonettes


From Raging heroes again. Why use the Witch Elves and not the actual Daemonette proxies they make? Well I just don't like the mantis type arms they put on the "Daemonettes" also they are for the next part.

Furies of Slaanesh (yes thats a thing now!)



 So imagine these with the Wings from the Dark Eldar Scourges. IMAGINE!!!!

Seekers

Now unfortunately Raging Heroes hasn't been kind enough to make my life really easy, so I'm still unsure on this one. I'm tempted to try convert some of the above Witch Elves onto Wood Elf Elven Steeds, but making good legs is gonna be tricky...

Fiends



I'm gonna remake my Fiends from the previous army as that was such a raging success, and probably the best ever conversions I've made. So the above model, with Spawn claws

Seeker Chariots


I'm just gonna use the GW chariots with Witch Elves on the back. I might use Elven Steeds as per my Seekers though as I dislike the new Steeds GW make, but this could change down the track depending how I feel.

Lawmower of Slaanesh/Exalted Chariot

Same as above.

Soulgrinders of Slaanesh (also apparently now a thing)


These two bad boys are also from my past army, and are the Bouncers of Slaanesh. You don't touch the girls without paying first...


So that's the Slaanesh part of my army, and I'm not sure if I'll be Slaanesh-ifying anything from other gods this time, but I do have some great ideas for Khornate Girls, using... (looks around carefully) some Warmachine models for Bloodletters but we'll save that for later.

Anyway thats enough ramble for me

Laters all.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome mate. Some really nice ideas and models there. I am doing my WOC as pure Slaanesh too, making it a long term project like yourself. Will be interesting to compare notes. BOOOBS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah mate, look forward to seeing your stuff come along too.

      Currently trying to decide whether to go with human flesh tones like the last army (which I really liked, but as Bronze Flesh is no more, will require me to fiddle up a new paint scheme) or something a bit more daemonic...

      Delete